All Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems (TPMS) sold on the market today either include or have available as an option a Signal Booster (also known as Echo Repeaters). A Signal Booster is an additional component that helps 'boost' the signal from the sensors to the Monitor. Because the sensors transmit the signals wirelessly at 433.92 Mhz, there can be many factors which can interfere with this signal. This interference is similar to interference you may experience with a Wifi signal - it may come and go.
Because not every configuration will need a Signal Booster, we offer the Booster as an option, as opposed to inflating the price of the systems to include one on each sale. However, if you do decide to purchase a Signal Booster when ordering your system, we offer you a $20.00 discount (Regular Price - $49.00) plus the savings of additional shipping charges if purchased later on. Just check the Signal Booster add-on box when adding your system to your shopping cart.
All TPMS manufacturers list operating distances between sensors and the monitor with some claiming up to 300'. This is misleading, because the distances are based on a Direct Line of Sight, which means that there is absolutely nothing in the way of the sight line. This is impossible, because there will always be some type of interference between, whether it be structural, mechanical or electronic.
No manufacturer or dealer can guarantee whether a Signal Booster is required
or not. With our many years of experience, we have learned that
there is a strong possibility that some configurations and RV's will
require a Signal Booster. This is not
absolute, and may differ based on each individual's configuration.
Here are some examples of those configurations and RV's that often require a Signal Booster:
- Motorhomes, 5th Wheels or Trailers over 35'
- Motorhomes with front or rear Diesel engines
- Trailers or 5th Wheels Pulled by Diesel Trucks (especially trucks with dual wheels)
- Slide-outs (the more slides, the more walls in while moving, causing more interference)
- Manufacturers - Newmar, Monaco, Foretravel, Bluebird
- Aluminum Skinned RV's - Bus Conversions, Prevost, LazyDaze MH's, Airstream Trailers, Safari Trek MH's
- Aftermarket GPS or Wireless Thermometers placed near TireTraker™ Monitors
Please do not hesitate to contact us at 866-200-9773 or by email at email@example.com if you would like to discuss the need for a booster or if you have any additional questions.